- "Wolves make roadways safer, generating large economic returns to predator conservation," with Jennifor Raynor and Dominic Parker. 2021. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Greening Markets: Market-Based Approaches for Environmental Management in Asia. 2021. Asian Development Bank. (Book/Technical Report)
- "Discrimination in Ambient Air Pollution Monitoring?", with Andrew Schreiber. 2019. AEA P&P.
- "On the Dynamic Instability of Arctic Sea Ice", with Jean-Paul Chavas. 2019. Nature partner journal: Climate and Atmospheric Science: 2(1):
- “Electricity Shortages and Manufacturing Productivity in Pakistan”, with Fan Zhang. Energy Policy.
- “Property Rights, Regulatory Capture, and Exploitation of Natural Resources”, with C. Costello. 2018. Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 5(2): 441-79.
- “Distributional Impacts of Energy-Heat Cross-Subsidization", with Andrew Schreiber and Fan Zhang. Energy Policy.
- "Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform in the Developing World: Who Wins, Who Loses, and Why?" with I. Coxhead. 2018. Asian Development Review.
- “Who Wins from Emissions Trading?: Evidence from California?" with T. Ruangmas. 2017. Environmental and Resource Economics.
- “How Should Economists Model Climate? Tipping Points and Nonlinear Dynamics of Carbon Dioxide Concentrations” with J-P Chavas and N. Hudson. 2016. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 132(B): 56-65.
- “Distributional Effects of the Transition to Property Rights in a Common Pool Resource”, with C. Costello. 2016. Marine Resource Economics 31(1): 1-26.
- “Capitalizing Property Rights Insecurity in Natural Resource Assets,” with C. Costello. 2014. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 67(2): 224-40.
- “The Political Economy of Fishery Reform” with D. Parker. 2013. Annual Review of Resource Economics 5: 369-86.
- “The Distributional Effects of Pollution Regulations: Do Renters Fully Pay for Cleaner Air?” 2012. Journal of Public Economics 96(9-10): 840– 852.
- “Redistricting and Polarization: Who Draws the Lines in California?” 2010. The Journal of Law & Economics 53(3): 545-567.
- “Who Pays a Price on Carbon?”, with C. Kolstad. 2010. Environmental and Resource Economics 43(3): 359-376.
If there is no link, please email me for the latest version!
- “Do Regulators Strategically Avoid Pollution Hotspots when Siting Monitors? Evidence from Remote Sensing of Air Pollution” with Andrew Schreiber and Wonjun Chang. Revise and Resubmit, American Economic Journal: Economic Policy.
- "The Impact of Air Pollution on Labor Supply in China", with Mingxuan Fan. Under Review.
- “Electricity Shortages and Productivity of Small Enterprises: Evidence from India”, with Fan Zhang
- "Reverse Grandfathering", with Christopher Costello
- "Leakage of Carbon and Co-Pollutants from Regional Cap-and-Trade: Evidence from RGGI", with Mingxuan Fan.